The law is changing, we need your express permission to send you communications. I’m sure you’ll all have heard the initials GDPR banded about on the news!
If you regularly receive e-mail updates or letters from SELVIS then you’ll have to actively tell us you’d like to continue. Just give us a ring 0203 815 3660. We’ll tell you about what we’re up to, what you can join in with, what other organisations are doing and when appropriate will connect you to local campaigns and consultations.
As an organisation we’ve always kept the absolute minimum data about you to enable us to offer you a service and you’ve always been welcome to take a look at any information we have about you. We’ve got robust measures in place to protect your data and we’re happy to talk these through with you.
Below you’ll find the SELVIS privacy in full again if you questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch email@example.com or 0203 815 3660.
South East London Vision (SELVIS) is a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) registration number 1159352. Our registered office is CAN Mezzanine, 7 -14 Great Dover Street, London SE1 4YR.
Here at SELVIS we take your privacy seriously and promise to keep your details secure.
This policy explains how we use your personal information and the reasons for keeping it, as well as your rights under the new General Data Protection Regulation.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you, for instance when you use our website, when you contact us about services, if you make a donation, or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what website pages are accessed and when. We may also hold special categories of personal data about you such as information about your eye condition.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We may share your information with third parties such as MailChimp or SurveyMonkey in order to send you marketing communications or to canvass your opinion.
SELVIS is supported by Thomas Pocklington Trust (Pocklington). Pocklington provides back office services to SELVIS, including finance and HR support. As a result, your personal information may be shared with Pocklington and its third party providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you, for example:
- Pocklington’s IT providers, BrightCloud Technologies Ltd
- Pocklington’s payroll administration service, Trace Payroll Services
- Pocklington’s pension administration service, The Pensions Trust
- Pocklington’s financial and accounting system, aCloud.
Third party providers used by SELVIS include:
- Our website infrastructure providers, B1 Creative
- Our website analytics service, Google Analytics
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have agreements in place that require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
How is your information used?
We may use your information, with your explicit consent, to:
- process and administer your request for attendance at events and activities or to receive newsletters;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, campaigns or appeals concerning visual impairment, sector news or research findings;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract, Pocklington will use your information to:
- Where you have indicated to us that you prefer to be contacted by telephone or post, we will do so on the basis of pursuing our legitimate interests in providing you with a service or information.
- process a job/volunteer application;
- if you are an employee/volunteer, to administer payroll, expenses and pension payments
- process invoice payments
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you continue to use our services. Once you have indicated that you no longer wish to receive our services, your information will be held on a suppression file to ensure that you don’t receive further communications from us.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you wish to receive newsletters and other communications from us by email about our exciting services and events, we will be relying on you giving us consent about how and why we contact you. You can withdraw this consent at any time either by choosing ‘unsubscribe’ on the communications sent to you, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting: SELVIS CAN Mezzanine, 7 -14 Great Dover Street, London SE1 4YR.
Tel: 020 3815 3660
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We may contact you for marketing purposes by post or telephone in order to pursue our legitimate interests unless you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or on 020 3815 3660
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can update or correct your personal data by contacting us.
- You have the right to access the information we hold about you by making a ‘Subject Access Request’.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us for the data we hold about you to be erased.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data if
- It is being processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- The communication is direct marketing (including profiling)
- It is being processed for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- You have the right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
If you want to know more about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, or if you are unhappy with the way we have handled your information, you can visit the Information Commissioners Office website at www.ico.org.uk or contact their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Our security precautions
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. All information you give to us is stored on secure servers and encrypted laptops are used when processing data.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and unfortunately this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security during transmission. Once we receive your information, we make every effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Use of ‘cookies’
Links to other websites
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children. If you are a child and wish to access our services, then we will seek your consent to process your personal data. Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation as a child are the same as those for an adult and are set out earlier in this document.
Transferring your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are located in a country outside of the EEA.
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place and security measures are taken, e.g. any contracts we enter into contain ‘sufficient guarantees’ that the requirements of the GDPR will be met and your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in March 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or how we use your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
SELVIS CAN Mezzanine, 7 -14 Great Dover Street, London SE1 4YR. Tel: 020 3815 3660