South East London Vision (SELVIS) is a charity led by and for blind and partially sighted people in Bromley, Bexley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, where there are over 7,000 people registered severely sight impaired/blind or sight impaired/partially sighted.
We address some of the priority needs faced by blind and partially sighted people, by:
- providing non-statutory support
- promoting self-determination and independence
- holding statutory services to account
Southwark Group Meetings
You are warmly invited to attend SELVIS monthly information group meetings. This is your opportunity to:
- Learn something new from a wide range of guest speakers
- Discuss issues which affect blind and partially sighted people living in Southwark.
- Socialise and share experiences with like-minded people
- Find out about upcoming events and activities from SELVIS and other sight loss organisations.
- Take part in focus groups and local engagement activities.
- Refreshments provided.
When: Wednesday 26th September, 24th October, 28th November 2018
Time: 1pm – 3pm
Where: John Harvard Library, 211 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JA.
Cost £2 per meeting or £20 for a year’s membership
Located very close to Borough tube station and bus routes 21, 35, 40, 133 and 343 stop near to the library.
For further information or to request a meeting point please contact Jessica Beal on 07866 926668 / 0203 815 3660
Email: Jessica.Beal@selvis.org.ukFIND OUT MORE
“Some visually impaired people feel isolated, finding it difficult to build support networks and have a social life. SELVIS aims to address this by bringing people together to enjoy a variety of activities and build social networks.”