South East London Vision (SELVIS) is a charity led by and for blind and partially sighted people in Bromley, Bexley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, where there are over 7,000 people registered severely sight impaired/blind or sight impaired/partially sighted.
We address some of the priority needs faced by blind and partially sighted people, by:
- providing non-statutory support
- promoting self-determination and independence
- holding statutory services to account
Lewisham Audio Book Club
- Do you enjoy reading audiobooks?
- Would you like to discuss them with like-minded readers? Join us for our audiobook club in Forest Hill.
- When: Every fourth Thursday of the month
- Time: 6pm – 7pm
- The pub is located close to Forest Hill station. Buses 185, 356, 176, 197 and 122 stop outside the pub.
- Where: The Capital, JD Wetherspoons, 11-21 London Road, London SE23 3TW
- 22nd June, 27th July, 24th August
- For blind and partially sighted adults and anyone who enjoys reading audio books.
- Audiobooks are supplied on CD or USB by Calibre library.
- A relaxed and friendly environment to talk about books, your favourite authors and how to access audiobooks.
- For more information or to request a meeting point to get to the venue please contact Jessica Beal:
07866 926668 / 0203 815 3660FIND OUT MORE
“Some visually impaired people feel isolated, finding it difficult to build support networks and have a social life. SELVIS aims to address this by bringing people together to enjoy a variety of activities and build social networks.”